Re: cygport: Don't strip packed perl binaries

On 7/20/2012 3:32 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-07-20 13:49, Ken Brown wrote:
TeX Live includes biber.exe, which is packaged as a stand-alone binary
using the PAR::Packer module.  I've just discovered that the version
I've been shipping with texlive doesn't function as a stand-alone binary
because it's been stripped by cygport.  Is there a way that cygport can
recognize such binaries and not strip them?

Is there some sort of magic number or something that can be used to detect that, as we do for OCaml bytecode?

According to \http://search.cpan.org/~rschupp/PAR-1.005/lib/PAR/Tutorial.pod (under "Anatomy of a Self-Contained PAR executable"), every such file ends with the 8-byte string "\012PAR.pm\012".

Ken