Re: [ITA] w32api-3.0b_svn5368-1

2012/8/14 Corinna Vinschen:
> On Aug 14 08:46, Andy Koppe wrote:
>> Yep, mintty builds fine with that, and appears to work. For some
>> reason it's 9K bigger than with the current w32api though.
>
> I think this is because the mingw-w64 libs come with a couple more
> static elements built into the libs (GUIDs and stuff).
>
> Kai, can you explain the difference?
>

> Corinna

Well, major difference here is - as you already mentioned - the fact
that mingw-w64 provides some helper-routines (as described by msdn) in
ws2_32 and some other libraries.  Also the uuid-library is a bit
bigger.  Also we provide some of the intrinsic-function as
inline-code, which might be responsible for some size-improvment - but
better optimization - you notice.  Btw have you checked size with
debugging-information, or without?

Regards,
Kai