Re: HEADSUP: Python 2.7 upgrade

On 1/24/2013 1:56 AM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
Jason Tishler announced last month[1] that he intends to upgrade Python
to 2.7 on 01 February, which is quickly approaching.

If anybody needs them, my Python-dependent distro packages have been rebuilt and are available in a staging area here:

ftp://ftp.cygwinports.org/pub/cygwinports/uploads/

In order to assure a prompt and smooth transition to Python 2.7, the
following packages will need a rebuild/update:

Marco Atzeri: postgresql

postgresql upgrade is blocked by a rebase/objcopy issue

also patching cygport to use
 "--long-section-names enable"  together with "--add-gnu-debuglink"

one of the dll "dict_snowball-dll" causes rebase to segfault

I am not sure if it is objcopy creating a bugged debuglink dll,
or it is rebase incorrectly choking on it.

As workaround, I can release 9.2.2 without debug symbols,
but I will prefer that we understand ,possibly solve,
the issue before.

TIA,

Yaakov

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2012-12/msg00024.html