Re: [HEADSUP] Please try to build your packages for 64 bit

Op 19-4-2013 12:45, Corinna Vinschen schreef:
Hi maintainers,

the 64 bit Cygwin seems to be quite stable now.  We're still suffering
from a gcc problem which seems to affect C++ inline methods using
templates, so some C++ packages might not be buildable yet(*), but other
than that it looks pretty good.

I would like to ask those of you owning a 64 bit Windows machine to have
a look into the 64 bit distro and to try to build your packages.  If
dependencies are missing, please tell us here.  We can look into fixing
the missing deps together.

If you have build problems other than due to missing deps, please report
here, too.  There are very likely still bugs in Cygwin and there might
still lurk bugs in gcc.  Just make sure that you eliminated problems in
your project first.  Datatype mismatches are pretty common bugs.

If you have "noarch" packages (no binaries), please check if the
dependencies for those packages are fullfilled and tell us here, too, so
we can go ahead adding them to the 64 bit distro.

Right now, we have a couple of missing dependencies in the 64 bit
distro.  If one of the packages is yours, it would be nice if you could
try to build it.  Here's the list of missing deps as of today:

   ImageMagick
   bash-completion
   cvsps
   dbus