Re: [RFC] vim-minimal in Base?

2013/5/14 Frank Fesevur:
> It overrides the symlink from vi to vim.exe and so this "breaks" my
> current setup:
>
> $ vi
> Error detected while processing /home/Frank/.vimrc:
> line    1:
> E319: Sorry, the command is not available in this version: syntax on
> Press ENTER or type command to continue

Raspbian and Ubuntu install vim.tiny and vi.basic executables and then
use alternatives to avoid the conflict.

I don't very little about alternatives, but I guess something similar
must be possible on cygwin as well. Install them as vim.tiny.exe and
vim.basic.exe (or whatever the right name is) and add a postinstall
script to vim-minimal and update the existing postinstall script for
vim. The /etc/postinstall/vim.sh.done currently on my system uses
update-alternatives and refers to /usr/bin/vim-nox.exe but that is not
in /usr/bin. The postinstall of vim.common refers to vim-nox.exe as
well.

And I assume the order of running the postinstall scripts is important.

Regards,
Frank