Re: [RFU] lftp

> > > Uploaded, and removed 4.4.0-1.
> > >
> > > But in the future, please use the cygport-generated structure for your
> > > uploads and add the necessary flags to wget (e.g. -r -nH --cut-dirs=2),
> > > so that lftp-debuginfo is a subdirectory of lftp as it should be.  That
> > > will make it much easier to upload in the future.
> >
> > I'm happy to oblige, and I see that lftp-debuginfo is in its own directory in
> > the mirrors.  But what you see above is how cygport is creating the files - all
> > together in the same directory as my .cygport file.  So this is the first I've
> > heard of it.
> >
> > If cygport is supposed to be putting lftp-debuginfo into its own directory, I'm
> > not sure why it isn't.
>
> It is ;)
>
> Ignore the created toplevel files, rather cd into the cygport project
> dir and then into the "dist" subdir.  There you will find a proper
> package directory, neatly arranged for upload, including all setup.hint
> files.

Hm, what do you know.

> Yaakov, I'm wondering if it isn't time to do two things:
>
> - Create a new cygport version which does not create the toplevel
>   files anymore.

Yes, that will force those of us who haven't been following to notice that
something has changed.  Expect of course a slew of "why won't cygport build my
packages any more" messages, and then we'll all know what to do again.

> - Create a short documentation how to create the new cygport files.

Yes please.  I keep reading bits and pieces about how things we used to have to
do aren't required any more, but if it's not in the docs, it's too hard to go
back and find.

Thanks,
Andrew.