Re: [RFC] libexecdir

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:20:51AM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>Conflicts like this will happen.  If we change libexec, we have to be
>prepared for this kind of stuff.  Is it worth it?

I certainly have gone through this "pain" when the changeover was made
on Linux.  If we want to provide the real Linux look-and-feel I don't
think we have any choice.  :-)

But, seriously, I think that the change makes sense in the long run. If
we don't do this we'll eventually just have to be tweaking more and more
configurations to put things in /usr/libexec rather than /usr/lib.

On a similar note, what about Fedora (and others) fusion of /usr/bin <> /bin
and /usr/sbin <> /sbin?  Do we want to think about that too?  It would
certainly make sense for Cygwin.  We could get rid of /usr/bin entirely.