Re: setup in cvs head by early june 2013 does not run on xp

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 09:26:38AM +0000, d_hoke@hotmail.com wrote:
>>You need to build with the newest version of mingw from the
>>mingw64-i686 package.  It seems like yours is out of date.  Corinna and
>>I build with the i686-w64-mingw32 target.
>
>It appears I have the latest version (gcc, g++, 4.5.3-6, runtime
>runtime-3.0b_svn5747-1, headers-3.0b_svn5747-1) offered by
>mirrors.kernel.org (checked prior to this email via setup against then
>current, and installed /var/log/setup.log), which is listed at
>http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html as an up-to-date mirror.
>
>1)Please advise what pkg version, mirror, or ?  can provide appropriate
>build context.

The package is ming264-i686.  That's why I mentioned it.  There is no
specific mirror that you need to get proper packages.  That's why
they're called "mirrors".

>2)Should configure check for and advise of possible problems with
>'incorrect' version of mingw64?

Since the builders of setup.exe are supposed to be people who understand
the process there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of need to make configure
foolproof.  However, we certainly wouldn't object to patches.