Pre-1.7 registry mount points

Hi,

since 1.7 we don't use the registry for mount points anymore.
Nevertheless, setup.exe, as well as the cygwin package postinstall
script 000-cygwin-post-install.sh still test for the old, pre-1.7
registry mount points and either uses them (setup) or copies them over
to the fstab file (000-cygwin-post-install.sh).

The first official 1.7 release was 2009-12-23, whiich is more than
three years ago.

Does anything speak against ignoring the old registry mount points from
now on?  If not, I'm pretty much set up to nuke the code.

Thanks,

Red Hat