some cygport packaging issues

(Packaging algol68g)
There are two warnings at the end:
*** Warning: setup.hint is missing
*** Warning: algol68g.hint is missing

What's the latter (algol68g.hint)?
The file setup.hint is in the same directory as the cygport file where
I invoked cygport. Does it need to be included in the package?
I see some packages generate it as a patch which I think is somewhat weird
as there is no version of it in a typical upstream package;
can it be submitted into the package just as plain file (i.e. does cygport
accept a file to be included not by patch)?

----

The upstream package installs two include files that are not actually needed on cygwin.
Can cygport be configured to exclude them from packaging?

----
(Packaging mined)

Cygport creates a postinstall file that doesn't seem to be necessary;
can I switch if off?
(I assume the following dependencies to desktop-file-utils and
shared-mime-info would also go away then?)
>>> mined requires: bash desktop-file-utils libncurses10 shared-mime-info

----

One file to be deployed contains spaces in the filename; cygport chokes
on them:
sed: can't read usr/share/mined/setup_install/win/MinEd: No such file or directory
sed: can't read Web: No such file or directory
sed: can't read Manual.url: No such file or directory

----

When linking, the first attempt fails because somehow cygport suppresses
a gcc link parameter which is included in the makefile ($(SLIB)) so
-lncurses is missing. Error message: *** ERROR: make failed
Interestingly, cygport recovers with another attempt and the original, unmodified
makefile rule.
This happens only on 64 Bit; weird - why and how does it do that?

------
Thomas