This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH 1/4 setup] package re-/de-installation from CLI
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2013 20:00:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4 setup] package re-/de-installation from CLI
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87a9lexyk8 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20130724115129 dot GT9689 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <874nbjbsbw dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <874nbjade0 dot fsf_-_ at Rainer dot invalid> <5252CD17 dot 4080001 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Jon TURNEY writes:
> There have been a few reports that setup no longer installs the dependencies
> of explicitly specified packages in unattended mode, and this seems to be the
IIRC, when this was last discussed some people wanted the dependencies
to be followed and some didn't ("just install the package"). But I
guess it makes sense that in unattended mode it acts like it was going
through the chooser page by default.
> A small patch to fix this is attached.
Thanks. Since you've found a different implementation, this hopefully
doesn't re-introduce the bug that using the back button in some places
will cause all packages to be re-installed.
> (I note with amazement that setup has two dependency solvers: one in
> PrereqChecker, and one in packageversion)
Heh. There is quite some code in there that isn't really used.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Factory and User Sound Singles for Waldorf Blofeld: