This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware (long)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:33:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Major changes coming to procedure for uploading to sourceware (long)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20131012202237 dot GA6588 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <87mwm73dtk dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 09:19:35PM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> The package directories should exactly mirror what is currently in the
>> release directory. The !ready file is used to tell upset that any files
>> older than this file in or under the given directory should be
>> processed. The intent is that you create !ready when you have finished
>> uploading everything that you plan on uploading.
>Are we supposed to copy the existing contents of the mirrors (curr,
>previous etc. archives) into our release area first before adding
No. This is for adding new/updated packages to the release. Putting
old stuff in the staging area would certainly confuse things.
>My release area is non-empty but incomplete due to previous tests, but
>I don't want to remove or add anything there unless I know how this
I just wiped out and recreated your home directory. There are no old
packages there now.
The process is:
1) upload new tarballs/setup.hints to package directory
2) package gets syntax checked
3) package gets moved to release area
What is currently missing is a way to delete old tarballs from the
release area. I'll probably have upset do that when it finds old
packages which are not covered by setup.hint.