Re: [ITP] WeeChat -- Fast, light and extensible chat client

Hi Sebastien,

On Oct 11 18:34, Sebastien wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm the developer of WeeChat, a fast, light and extensible chat client, released
> under GPLv3.
>
> Web site: http://weechat.org/
>
> It is available in almost all Linux distributions, for example:
>
>   http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=weechat
>   https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/weechat
>   http://software.opensuse.org/package/weechat
>
> I built packages using cygport for WeeChat 0.4.2 (released past Sunday), for
> Cygwin 32/64 bit.
>
> This is the first time I used cygport, so please let me know if there is any
> problem in the cygport file or the packages built.
>
> All files are available at this URL:
>
>   http://weechat.org/files/cygwin/0.4.2/
>
> Or at your convenience, one tarball with all files:
>
>   http://weechat.org/files/cygwin/weechat-0.4.2-cygwin.tar.xz

Packaging looks good to me.

> Here is the main setup.hint (for package "weechat", built on 32-bit Cygwin):
>
> [ setup.hint ]
>
> category: Net
> requires: libaspell15 libcurl4 libgcc1 libgcrypt11 libgnutls28 libiconv2
> libintl8 libncursesw10 zlib0 libaspell15 libcurl4 libgcrypt11 libgnutls28
> libncursesw10 zlib0
> sdesc: "Fast, light and extensible chat client (IRC/XMPP)"
> ldesc: "WeeChat (Wee Enhanced Environment for Chat) is a fast, light and
> extensible chat client (IRC/XMPP). Everything can be done with a keyboard, it is
> customizable and extensible with scripts."
>
> As you can see, on 32-bit, cygwin auto-adds some required packages, and then
> they are two times in the list (mine in cygport file + auto-added file). On
> 64-bit Cygwin, there's no such problem. I don't know if it's a problem or not.

I don't know why the difference between 32 and 64 bit, but it's not
such a good idea to have dependecies twice in the setup.hint file.

In general, the direct dependencies to libs are autogenerated by cygport
and therefore should not be added to the cygport file.  So I suggest to
remove the weechat_REQUIRES line completly.  The rest of the file looks
well.

Can you please regenerate the package without the weechat_REQUIRES?

One question:  As package maintainer, you should be subscribed to
the cygwin and cygwin-apps mailing lists, the first one to receive
questions and bug reports, the latter for the stuff maintainers
talk about :)

I hope that's ok for you.  If that's ok and understood, I'd be happy
to upload WeeChat as soon as the setup.hint is fixed.

Thanks,

Red Hat