This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
New upload method: Deleting old versions
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:31:34 +0100
- Subject: New upload method: Deleting old versions
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Thanks to CGF for the effort that has gone into the new upload process -
I've just uploaded a new package called 'icoutils' and it was really
One thing I haven't grasped yet is the mechanism by which old versions
are deleted. If I were to upload a new version of an existing package,
how would I go about removing the oldest?
For instance, for the hypothetical package 'bob', I have 'bob-0.2-1' as
current and 'bob-0.1-1' as previous. When a new version comes along, I
use the new mechanism to upload 'bob-0.3-1', and this becomes current.
'bob-0.2-1' is relegated to the previous release. However, 'bob-0.1-1'
is not automatically removed. If I wanted to delete this, how would I go