This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
GNU Make 4.0.1 - infinite loop on startup
- From: Yuriy Chernyshov <georgthegreat at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 21:35:16 +0400
- Subject: GNU Make 4.0.1 - infinite loop on startup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
On October, 9 GNU Make 4.0 was released and is already available on cygwin
(I'm using x86_64 on Win7).
My makefile is working fine with the latest version from 3.0 branch
(3.82.xx), but comes into infinite loop on startup (no rules are being
executed) with 4.0.1. 100% of a single cpu core is concumed, memory
usage grows quite fast.
Makefile can be found on github page:
I looked through the 4.0-changelog, but there is nothing to cause such
What can the problem lay in?
With best regards,