Re: [ITP] fish shell 2.1.0

On Oct 29 15:31, Konrad Borowski wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 29, 2013, at 10:12 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > Hi Konrad,
> >
> > thanks for the new package ITP.  Comments inline.
>
> Thanks for pointing out the problems. I believe problems you have found
> out are now fixed. I had problems with 32-bit Cygwin (to be exact, with
> compilation on it, the package itself appears to work), so I hope it's

What problems?  Usually, if the cross-compiler built the package but
the native one doesn't, you have probably just forgotten to install some
of the required -devel packages or so.

> not a problem that the package contains cross compiled version with
> cygwin32-gcc-core dependency removed. As for links, I'm going to include

One problem with this approach is that you can't be sure that cygport
got all the right packages.  For instance, libgcc1 is often required by
a 32 bit package while it isn't for the 64 bit package.

Oh, I just saw some other small problem (sorry!).  You're using the
current cygport style, but file is called "fish-2.1.0-1.cygport", which
you should only do when using the old cygport style.  These days, with
all the VERSION, RELEASE, etc information present *in* the file, just
call it "fish.cygport".

Hmm, your "DEPEND" requires libiconv-devel, but on 32 bit it's all in
the libiconv package.  I changed that to

  if [ "${ARCH}" = "x86_64" ]
  then
    DEPEND="autoconf gcc-g++ make libncursesw-devel libiconv-devel gettext-devel"
  else
    DEPEND="autoconf gcc-g++ make libncursesw-devel libiconv gettext-devel"
  fi

which avoids the warning.

[...more time passes...]

ncurses.h not found.  That's because you must add the include and lib
paths to ncursesw to your build.  I added

  export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/include/ncursesw"
  export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/ncursesw"

before calling

  cygconf
  cygmake