This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Deleting old versions of packages
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:02:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: Deleting old versions of packages
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5266FCC6 dot 7030405 at tiscali dot co dot uk> <20131023021452 dot GC8111 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <20131028193452 dot GA5968 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <87ppqpqh7m dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20131029000336 dot GA7332 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
Christopher Faylor writes:
> So your proposal is basically to do "I can't think of any way to do this
> short of..."
Well, it was you who was taking options from the table.
> That's not a very inspired proposal given the fact that I already
> mentioned the idea and implied that I wasn't keen on doing it that way.
Sorry for failing to be inspired or inspiring or whatever it was you
were expecting. Two proposals shot down, here's the third:
Leave everything as is at the upload side, but add two cleanup passes on
the release directory; a first that deletes zero-sized files and a
second that removes empty directories. That way a maintainer can
"upload" a file that he wants to be deleted. Then upset will see the
cleaned up release directory and setup.ini won't have to specify tzhe
exact versions of files most of the time.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: