Re: [ITP] WeeChat -- Fast, light and extensible chat client

On 2013-10-18 11:40, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 18 16:54, Sebastien wrote:
And I understood why they were missing: my locale is french under cygwin
(LANG=fr_FR), and the cygport tool is grepping output of "objdump -p" for the
text "DLL Name:" (file pkg_info.cygpart in cygport sources). When your locale is
not english, this text is translated (in french I have: "Nom DLL:").

So if I run cygport with this command:

   cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package

I have nothing in "requires" field.

Instead I have to run:

   LANG=C cygport weechat-0.4.2-1.cygport package

which gives all dependencies in the "requires" field.

I think it is a bug in cygport tool.
Or at least, if you consider it's not a bug, it should be mentioned in the help
that the tool must be run with an english locale (or LANG=C). Anyway, I think it
would be better to fix that, so that other users will not spent time like me to
understand why the "requires" field is empty!

Yaakov, any comment?

This should be fixed in git master, commit 50cdfcd; running cygport itself with LANG=C should NOT be necessary.

(BTW, I'm willing to consider localizing cygport itself if there are interested translators.)

Yaakov