Re: [ITP] cygcheck-leaves - a script to list installed packages not required by any

On Mon, Nov 04, 2013 at 01:39:25PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Oct 31 12:34, Mikhail Usenko wrote:
>> Thanks for the comment. I've forgotten to test the script on 32-bit Windows.
>> Now it uses a bash-specific variable to determine the CPU type and should work OK.
>>
>> Also after some time of using I've completely rewritten it having added new
>> functionality and renamed it to 'cygcheck-dep'.
>>
>> setup.hint:
>> -----------
>> category: Utils
>> requires: bash coreutils sed wget bzip2
>> sdesc: "Show information on dependencies for installed Cygwin packages"
>> -----------
>
>Neat.  I toyed a bit with your script and I like it.  This could
>come in handy to isolate installation problems.  I uploaded the
>package.  Please send an announcement along the lines of the
>existing announcements to the cygwin-announce list.

This needs to be in cygwin-pkg-maint and we'll need information as per:
https://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-upload.html .

Also, FWIW, this package didn't really go through the vetting process of
getting the required number of votes.  I don't object to it going in but
I don't think we want to get into the habit of short circuiting
published procedures without at least acknowledging that we are doing
so for a reason.