Re: [ITA] tcl-sqlite3

On Jan 14 13:34, Warren Young wrote:
> On 1/14/2014 05:44, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >
> >Also, even if sqlite3.8.2 and sqlite382.dll works, it's kind of
> >puzzeling.  Are you saying using sqlite3 and libtclsqlite3.so on Fedora
> >is wrong, not following TEA?  It's much easier to grok and doesn't
> >wrongly imply it only works on a specificx sqlite 3.x.x version, IMHO.
>
> Yaakov makes a good point: the whole idea of tcl-sqlite is that it
> wraps the SQLite 3 API exactly, so when new public APIs get exported
> by SQLite, new APIs appear in the Tcl wrapper.  Therefore, a new
> version of tcl-sqlite really *could* depend on a specific version of
> SQLite, if the API changed.

In how far does that affect the filename?  We're adding new APIs
to Cygwin all the time, but the DLL is still called cygwin1.dll.
And that's how it works for any other DLL as well as long as it
doesn't break backward compatibility, API-wise.

It's your and Yaakov's call eventually, so I retract all my idle
musings in terms of the file or directory names.  Just let Jan know
how you want to have it.

Red Hat