Re: [ITP] onc-rpc-headers-20140129-1

On 2/6/2014 12:46 AM, Pavel Fedin wrote:
I'd be happy to hand off rpcgen. All it would take is a coordinated
upload, once Pavel's combined package is ready.

Good. I think we can safely experiment on x86-64 version. On i386
this new  package would conflict with old sunrpc, however sunrpc
> contains portmapper which is vital for NFS server functioning.
Replacing of sunrpc requires to port rpcbind, as well as adding
some patches to current NFS server.

Yes, this is where I got stuck "before", when I tried to modernize the RPC & NFS packages. We need to port rpcbind to cygwin, then modify the nfs server. I have a partial port of rpcbind...it compiles (or did), but doesn't run.

However, I haven't tried again in years, and cygwin has changed quite a bit...so you may have more luck now, than I did then.

--
Chuck