Re: 64-bit: Missing perl modules

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:27 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Reini Urban writes:
>> Only if you register each and every user module with the system.
>> But we don't want that.
>
> Wait, weren't we talking about vendor-perl, possibly site-perl?  These
> two locations are already "registered with the system".  The only
> head-scratcher for me are always inline modules compiled on the fly and
> stuffed into private directories.  Rebase doesn't provide for any
> private libraries and really it can't since this is a system-wide issue.

So why are you discussing this with me that long when you have no idea
how the systems works, and how it should work?

FYI:
vendor-perl is provided by perl_vendor and pre-rebased, and then
post-rebased by setup.
site-perl is populated by cpan and rebased with EUMM hooks and perlrebase.

Without proper rebasing of all dll's perl will not be able to fork or
call itself,
and it does it very often. The most prominent case being EUMM and CPAN.
This is only an issue for 32 bit, 64 bit has a much friendlier address space.