Re: inetutils upset messages

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 12:32:59AM +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
>Achim Gratz writes:
>> Christopher Faylor writes:
>>> Nevermind.  Stupid coding error.
>>
>> It appears that the new setup.ini is generated before any file removals
>> have happened, but after the copies have been done.  I don't know if
>> that will produce yet another error from upset (so far there are none),
>> but since I was trying to get rid of the 1.9.1-1 packages the setup.ini
>> refers to nonexistent "prev" files until the next run.  Sorry for that.
>
>Rats, upset is now upsetâ in any case, the intention was that
>inetutils-server-1.9.1-1.tar.xz should have been removed.  The deletion
>cookies have been deleted from my upload area, but it doesn't appear to
>have had any effect on the ftp, probably since it triggered the error
>earlier than the removal.

Did you try to delete inetutils-server after the first error showed up?
That wouldn't have had any effect.

The file deletion cookies are always deleted regardless of error state
but that shouldn't matter too much because it shouldn't have been
possible to get into a state where files were moved and the distro was
compromised.  So there is still a *#($& bug there.  I guess I'll have to
set up my test bed again and try to figure out how this happened.

Would you happen to have a timeline for what you did, like:

22:41 UTC created -inetutils-1.9.1-1-src.tar.xz

23:06 UTC oops.

23:09 UTC created a -inetutils-debuginfo/-inetutils-debuginfo-1.9.1-1.tar.xz

?

Maybe I can figure out from that what happened.