Re: [ITA] Git et al

On 08/13/2014 01:37 PM, Eric Blake wrote:

>> The packages and setup.hint files are all ready to use and/or upload
>> from http://tastycake.net/~adam/cygwin/.  Before I can go ahead and
>> release, I think I need to be added to cygwin-pkg-maint so I can send in
>> an SSH key, and I possibly need a GTG from another maintainer.
>
> I'll look over your latest packaging, and if it works for me (aka builds
> fine, and lets me do a git checkout of some of my usual repos), I'll
> update cygwin-pkg-maint to list you as maintainer and reply back.  It
> may be this weekend before I actually get the time to spend on it, though.

Packaging isn't quite right.  After unpacking the -src tarball, I see a
file git-2.0.4-1.src.patch, with contents:

Binary files origsrc/git/t/lib-gpg/random_seed and
src/git/t/lib-gpg/random_seed differ
Binary files origsrc/git/t/lib-gpg/trustdb.gpg and
src/git/t/lib-gpg/trustdb.gpg differ

As a result, the prep phase fails with:
*** ERROR: patch git-2.0.4-1.src.patch will not apply

It's probably possible to patch git.cygport to cause the diff engine to
ignore these files, and once they are ignored, then the file would not
be created.

Removing that file lets cygport get further, but you'll need to respin
the package so that it builds the first time without me having to delete
the file.