Re: libunistring dll version bump

On 2014-09-21 01:44, Erwin Waterlander wrote:
There is a new upstream version of libunistring: 0.9.4. I have created
the new packages, but I have not uploaded them yet.

In the new version there is a version bump of the dll,
cygunistring-0.dll will be replaced with cygunistring-2.dll. So I expect
that when I upload the new packages, all packages that depend on
libunistring will break.

Not if properly handled.

How is this normally handled?

cygunistring-0.dll is in the libunistring0 package; the new cygunistring-2.dll should be in a libunistring2 package, This allows both to be installed until such time as everything has been rebuilt for the latter, at which time the former can be removed.

Should I just upload the new packages?

Yes, provided that the DLL is in a libunistring2 package.

I know one package that depends on libunistring: wcd. Jari Aalto
maintains it, but he is not responding.
How can I find all the packages that depend on libunistring?

gettext also uses libunistring, as is the Ports guile2.0 package, both of which are mine.

Yaakov