Re: [ITP] chicken-4.9.0.1

* Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> [141210 13:31]:
> > The CHICKEN build system uses make only and builds in the source
> > directory. The platform has to be passed on as shown above.
>
> Building in the source dir is usually not the right way to do it.  You
> potentially end up with files in the source dir which are included in
> the patch file of the source archive.  That's what cygport's "lndirs"
> command is for; symlinking the sources into the build dir for build
> systems not supporting building outside the source dir (which usually is
> simple when using autoconf).

Is this the right approach then?

rc_compile() {
        lndirs
        cd ${B}
        cygmake
}

src_install() {
        cd ${B}
        cygmake install
}

I have to say while the documentation is detailed I mostly have a
look at the provided examples and try to read up on the individual
function. Is there an overview document somewhere that explains how
this is supposed to fit together?

Kind regards,

Christian

--
May you be peaceful, may you live in safety, may you be free from
suffering, and may you live with ease.