Re: perl-5.14.4

On Feb  8 21:19, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz writes:
> > Major progress: the cygport file starts to look sane.  I've ripped out
> > the rebase changes in EU::MM and replaced them with an oblivious rebase,
> > which is the first time I could compile and test on 32bit without manual
> > intervention.
>
> It turns out that doing so damages the debug information in the library
> and then it can't be extracted later, so I'll have to skip this step
> when building with cygport.  I have no idea how and why this happens;
> the debug information is still there, but quite obviously it can't be
> correctly associated with the code after rebasing.  Is that something
> that can be fixed in rebase or objcopy?

I think it's important to keep the information in sync while building
the packages.  A later rebase will break the connection between debug
symbols and runtime symbols as well, obviously.  Maybe we should think
of rebasing the actual binaries as well as their debugging counterparts
to keep everything in sync, but that's a bit much effort...

Red Hat