Re: cygGraphicsMagick++-3.dll dependency

On Sun, 2015-03-01 at 12:17 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> as GraphicsMagick 1.3.21 is pumping C++ ABI,
> I will split the current
>
> libGraphicsMagick3
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagick++-3.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagick-3.dll
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagickWand-2.dll
>
> in 3 packages
>
> libGraphicsMagick3
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagick-3.dll

Underscores should be added only when there are two consecutive but
separate numbers (e.g. libglib2.0_0, where 2.0 is an API version and 0
the ABI version, or libhdf5_9, where the 5 is part of the library name
itself).  That doesn't apply here, so:

> libGraphicsMagick_cxx11
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagick++-3.dll

libGraphicsMagick++3

> libGraphicsMagick_Wand2
>   /usr/bin/cygGraphicsMagickWand-2.dll

libGraphicsMagickWand2

> Question:
> Other than octave there is any other package depending from
> C++ interface cygGraphicsMagick++-3.dll ?
>
> It should be none in cygwin, but eventually pdf2djvu in cygport ?

Correct on both counts.

While we are at it, I am concerned about a similar issue arising with
the ImageMagick libraries.  IMO they should be broken up into
libMagickCore6_2 (which would OBSOLETES libMagickCore6),
libMagickWand6_2, and libMagick++6_5 packages.  In the case of both
packages, however, I would leave the single -devel for each as is.

--
Yaakov