Re: [PLUSH HIPPO] Re: [ITA] maxima-5.35.1

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> I'm proposing to resurrect maxima as a Cygwin
>> package.  The packaging is modeled after openSUSE.
>
> Resurrect?  We had that already at one point?

Yes, but only on 32bit due to the missing clisp due to the missing
ffcallâ  it got removed during the recent cleanup of stale dependencies.

> You're fishing for hippos, too, it seems ;)

This is entirely self-servingâ  When I have to do some sensitivity
analysis it is nice to do it via symbolic differentiation as much as
possible before veering into numerics.  I'm no longer doing this often
enough to be sure of not making stupid errors while trying to remember
the chain rules, so Maxima to the rescue.  :-P

Regards,
Achim.