Re: Question about clisp version naming

Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> Obviously we don't have %dist, but did you continue reading to the
> "Non-Numeric Version in Release" section?

Yes.  I can somewhat understand the rationale for putting this in the
release part, but I still like the openSUSE numbering better.  The
central question is how you introduce ordering and it's easily taken
care of by prepending the ISO data before any version monikers that
don't strictly increment.  We've got a bunch of those already in Cygwin
as well (most of them from Jari IIRC), so why should we change that now?

Regards,
Achim.