Re: Question about clisp version naming

Ken Brown writes:
> My work was based on the tip of the upstream Mercurial repository,
> which shows a version number of 2.49+ and is at revision 15623.  So I
> was thinking of using 2.49+hg15623 as the version number.  Will upset
> be happy with that?  Or is there some other standard way of assigning
> version numbers in cases like this?

Maxima needs to be rebuilt for the new clisp, but the clisp-exec build
errors out with

/mnt/share/maint/maxima.x86_64/build/src/binary-clisp/maxima.exe: error while loading shared libraries: lisp.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I'm not sure if that's a build error on the clisp side or something I
need to fix in maxima yet, but if you know what to do, please chime in.

If I link the lisp.dll from clisp into the binary-clisp directory _and_
start maxima with the cwd in that same directory I can start it.  But
not if I just add to PATH.  It also works if lisp.dll gets linked into
/usr/bin.  So how do I tell that executable where to look for libraries
at runtime?

The clisp mem-based build runs the tests (not finished yet).

Regards,
Achim.