Re: Question about clisp version naming

On 3/17/2015 9:47 PM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
A .def file can be used for two purposes:

1) to specify which symbols to export in a DLL/EXE, in place of
dllexport or -Wl,--export-all-symbols (EXPORTS)

2) to resolve symbols by declaring them in other DLL/EXE(s), in place of
a .dll.a (IMPORTS)

Thanks.  That's very clear.

It appears that they were trying to use the same .def file for both
linking lisp.exe (EXPORTS) and the dynmods (IMPORTS), and that is
invalid syntax.  However, according to your paste, lisp.exe is already
linked with -Wl,--export-all-symbols, so lisp.def EXPORTS isn't needed
when linking lisp.exe, only when linking the dynmods.  So removing
EXPORTS and leaving in IMPORTS should work.

And indeed it does. I've still got a couple of things to clean up, but I expect to upload a new clisp soon that no longer uses lisp.dll. I hope that will solve the Maxima problem

Ken