Re: [ATTN Maintainer] csih

Corinna Vinschen writes:
>> "Windows 8.1 N with Bing" gets reported as "Windows 8.1 China" (probably
>> renamed by MS after the fact).

Marketing wins this round apparently.  All documentation I can find
still says "country specific Windows variant" and suggests "China" as
the variant name to go with that.  Yet clearly Windows itself knows it
has been named "N with Bing".

>> It seems that either it would need to be linked statically or the
>> library provided in a place where it can be found.
>
> I *do* take patches...
>
> ...and, yes, we should move this and the other cygwin-apps projects to
> git as well.  If there wouldn't be these lame time constraints like,
> say, onmly 24 hours a day.

I just realized I still have the CVS checkout from the script fixes
anyway.  A quick look doesn't reveal any obvious reason why this
executable would be linked against libwinpthreadâ and indeed if I
compile it on Cygwin it doesn't.  So, no patch required, but a rebuild
is in order.  You might have had LDFLAGS or CFLAGS set while building
the package?

There's another fix that should probably go into the scripts: The
service users should get SeDenyInteractiveLogonRight (they already have
SeDenyRemoteLogonRight).  At least on my Windows7 Pro/64bit laptop the
accounts show up on the login screen otherwise.

Regards,
Achim.