Re: [ATTN Maintainer] csih

On Mar 31 21:56, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> "Windows 8.1 N with Bing" gets reported as "Windows 8.1 China" (probably
> >> renamed by MS after the fact).
>
> Marketing wins this round apparently.  All documentation I can find
> still says "country specific Windows variant" and suggests "China" as
> the variant name to go with that.  Yet clearly Windows itself knows it
> has been named "N with Bing".
>
> >> It seems that either it would need to be linked statically or the
> >> library provided in a place where it can be found.
> >
> > I *do* take patches...
> >
> > ...and, yes, we should move this and the other cygwin-apps projects to
> > git as well.  If there wouldn't be these lame time constraints like,
> > say, onmly 24 hours a day.
>
> I just realized I still have the CVS checkout from the script fixes
> anyway.  A quick look doesn't reveal any obvious reason why this
> executable would be linked against libwinpthreadâ and indeed if I
> compile it on Cygwin it doesn't.  So, no patch required, but a rebuild
> is in order.  You might have had LDFLAGS or CFLAGS set while building
> the package?

I'm not doing anything special.  I'm cross-building on Fedora and have
the mingw{32,64}-winpthreads packages installed.  That could be the
reason.  But why it links against  lib*any*pthread beats me, given the
simplicity and non-threadiness of the tool.

> There's another fix that should probably go into the scripts: The
> service users should get SeDenyInteractiveLogonRight (they already have
> SeDenyRemoteLogonRight).  At least on my Windows7 Pro/64bit laptop the
> accounts show up on the login screen otherwise.

Still, https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PGA?  Really, I mean it.

Red Hat