This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 20:11:49 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87382fdvjp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150531102421 dot GB4329 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> On May 29 21:37, Achim Gratz wrote:
>> The new SHA512 checksums are rather lengthy. Could we switch them to
>> Base64 (perhaps the URL and file safe variant) instead of the current
>> hex encoding instead (maybe with an SHA512: prefix if we want to support
> Not for the time being. Sombody would have to add code to setup as well
> as upset to make this work.
Since it seems you plan to use libcrypto from OpenSSL anyway:
Otherwise I'd prefer something less obtuse, there is C++ code with
compatible license or IÂcould roll my own.
For upset, I don't know what interface you're using. For the object
interface you'd simply switch from hexdigest() to b64digest() and for
the functional interface from sha512_hex() to sha512_base64().
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for Waldorf Q V3.00R3 and Q+ V3.54R2: