Re: setup

On Jun  1 20:11, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> > On May 29 21:37, Achim Gratz wrote:
> >>
> >> The new SHA512 checksums are rather lengthy.  Could we switch them to
> >> Base64 (perhaps the URL and file safe variant) instead of the current
> >> hex encoding instead (maybe with an SHA512: prefix if we want to support
> >> both)?
> >
> > Not for the time being.  Sombody would have to add code to setup as well
> > as upset to make this work.
>
> Since it seems you plan to use libcrypto from OpenSSL anyway:
> https://gist.github.com/barrysteyn/7308212#file-base64decode-c

I don't.  Why do you think so?

> Otherwise I'd prefer something less obtuse, there is C++ code with
> compatible license or IÂcould roll my own.
>
> For upset, I don't know what interface you're using.  For the object
> interface you'd simply switch from hexdigest() to b64digest() and for
> the functional interface from sha512_hex() to sha512_base64().

I'm not a perl person.  Upset is using some kind of

  use Digest::SHA;
  [...]
  my $ctx = Digest::SHA->new(512);
  [...]
  } elsif ($f eq "$d0/sha512.sum") {

This was a drop-in replacement for Digest::MD5.  Anything else I'll
let somebody do who better knows perl.

Apart from this, the sah512.sum files are not only generated for the
Cygwin release dir, they are generated on the sourceware ftp area
system-wide.

Red Hat