This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 18:51:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87382fdvjp dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150531102421 dot GB4329 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <878uc3l2my dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150601183432 dot GT4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <874mmrky4e dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150601210617 dot GW4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87wpzm664z dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150602082929 dot GA4308 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <87y4k22i4k dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <20150603081922 dot GA3416 at calimero dot vinschen dot de>
Corinna Vinschen writes:
> There's no reason for upset to create more than one style of checksum.
> MD5, SHA512, SHA512/base64, whatever. What I'm talking about is the
> client side. The setup tool should understand all types of checksums
> used. Right now it identifies MD5 vs. SHA512 just by the length of
> the checksum.
OK, that's easy, then. Just check for 86 and 88 characters for the
non-padded and padded variant of the base64 digest.
> CMD is out of the question, this running on a Linux box.
The scripts just set up the environment and then call to Perl. It's
really a lot easier to do in (ba)sh than in cmd, so that doesn't need to
Again, the origin of those scripts was a different task, so I'd like to
spend some time on discussion of the feature set you're envisioning for
> I forgot that the upset repo has been hidden from the public for a long
> time, and these days there isn't even a repo since it has been deleted :-P
> If you're willing to take a look into these upset perl scripts, please
> apply for a normal ssh account on sourceware.org via
> Use my private email address as approver. And make sure to use
> *another* public SSH key for shell access than the one you're using
> for Cygwin uploads to avoid confusion.
I'll do that, but expect no comment before Perl 5.22 gets out the door.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptation for Waldorf microQ V2.22R2: