This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cygport: allow setting prev:, curr:, and test: in autogenerated setup.hint
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 01:57:53 -0400
- Subject: cygport: allow setting prev:, curr:, and test: in autogenerated setup.hint
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a package (socat) where I need to set the curr: and test: fields in
setup.hint. I got tired of adding them to the autogenerated setup.hint files
after every build, so I wrote a patch for cygport to support specifying them in
the cygport file. For example, setting
in the cygport file will give
in setup.hint. The PREV, PKG_PREV, CURR, PKG_CURR, TEST, and PKG_TEST variables
are all supported.
The variable name TEST might be too generic, but I'm not aware of any other uses
for it, and grep -r '\<TEST\>' in the cygport source turns up none. If
necessary it could be renamed to e.g. SETUP_TEST, but then probably CURR,
PKG_CURR etc. would all have to be renamed too.
The patch is in the setup.hint branch of