This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygport: allow setting prev:, curr:, and test: in autogenerated setup.hint
- From: Andrew Schulman <schulman dot andrew at epa dot gov>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 11:51:03 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygport: allow setting prev:, curr:, and test: in autogenerated setup.hint
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <8covmaprn0llv9i4tb9su4ec85ls0ls361 at 4ax dot com> <8covmaprn0llv9i4tb9su4ec85ls0ls361-e09XROE/p8c at public dot gmane dot org> <87eglrcwu2 dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
> It seems you've re-invented something that David Rothenberger has
> implemented before in a slightly different way:
> It's also integrated in my patched-up version of cygport here:
> FWIW, I've been using Dave's patch a few times and it seems slightly
> less verbose than what you've got.
OK. Sure, VERSIONS="curr:18.104.22.168-2 test:2.0.0-b8-1" also works, and it has the
advantage of not baking in the current 3-version prev/curr/test setup quite so
much. OTOH setting PREV, CURR and TEST feels a little more natural to me with
the current 3-version setup.
Either way would be fine with me, as long as I have a way of automatically
setting the versions in the cygport file, instead of having to manually edit
setup.hint after the build.