This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
guile 2.0 [was: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Mar-19]
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 04:43:52 -0500
- Subject: guile 2.0 [was: Obsolete dependency report, 2015-Mar-19]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426785924 dot 12464 dot 112 dot camel at cygwin dot com> <550B4A66 dot 3020305 at gmail dot com> <1426806872 dot 12464 dot 147 dot camel at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, 2015-03-25 at 15:42 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 18:14 -0500, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> > On Thu, 2015-03-19 at 23:15 +0100, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> > > I built latest guile but make check fails on some modules,
> > > and I need to investigate.
> > By "latest guile" do you mean 2.0.x? We'll need to work out a way to
> > have both 1.8 and 2.0 in the distro for a while, as not all
> > guile-dependent packages have been ported yet to the latter. Let's
> > discuss this further when you're ready.
> I am currently testing 2.0.11 but ffi test is failing
False alarm. The test is trying to load strerror(3) from the guile
process itself; that doesn't work on Cygwin because our dlsym(3) does
not resolve symbols in dependent DLLs (contrary to POSIX IIUC).