This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] busybox 1.23.2-1
- From: "Tony Kelman" <tony at kelman dot net>
- To: "Christian Franke" <Christian dot Franke at t-online dot de>, <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 11:00:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [ITP] busybox 1.23.2-1
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150626084405 dot GQ31223 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <1249775739558d38eb7bd2e6 dot 92454804 at email dot t-online dot de> <87si9eqqlo dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <558DB8F2 dot 9030000 at t-online dot de> <558E5841 dot 2010901 at t-online dot de>
busybox.exe with all working features enabled is ~600MB (bash:
~700MB). Removing the daemons, other rarely used commands and some
features could reduce it to 300-350MB. I did't test LTO build which
could further reduce size.
"KB", not "MB", sorry :-)
This is really cool, looking forward to seeing busybox in cygwin.
Mostly unrelated to cygwin but you may find it interesting,
note that there is a win32 port of busybox using mingw
(currently only 32 bit builds work correctly) available here