This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl 5.22.0
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:48:19 -0500
- Subject: Re: Perl 5.22.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87wpznjioa dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <873826zpxi dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid>
On Fri, 2015-06-05 at 07:26 +0200, Achim Gratz wrote:
> If you've already installed RC2, then you'll have to re-install
> everything Perl (setup doesn't recognize 5.22.0-RC2 as being pre-5.22.0
> and all distributions that haven't had a version bump in the meantime
> still come with the same release number).
For future reference, current setup*.exe versions are stricter about
version handling, and therefore IOW 5.22.0-RC2 would have needed to be
versioned as e.g. 5.22.0-0.1.RC2.