Re: Inetutils 1.9.4

D. Boland wrote:
Hi group,

I am working on the release of the recently adopted inetutils package. I noticed that parts of this package are being released seperately:

PROGRAM        PACKAGE        MAINTAINER
whois        whois        David R.
hostname    hostname    Christian F.

Should/can I adopt these packages too?

Note that using the inetutils version of hostname would require to place it in a separate package. The hostname command should be in category 'Base'.

Does the inetutils version work 'better' than the current (Debian) version?
Try hostname options -f -i -I -a -A and 'domainname' command on a machine which is member of a domain.

Regards,
Christian