Re: setup

On Aug  6 17:57, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen writes:
> >> OK for push?
> >
> > Yes, thank you.
>
> Done.
>
> I would consider this a release candidate.  Some more testing with
> interactive and ad-hoc installs would be useful, though.

How do you want to handle this?  We don't have real provisions for
setup.exe release candidates.

Maybe we should change how we provide setup updates in future?

I have a vague idea that setup should ideally be part of the Cygwin
distro package set.  So setup updates itself, and it would be possible
to handle public "test" releases.

The issue of overwriting setup while setup is running could be worked
around by setup first copying itself to a intermediate filename (e.g.
.setup.exe) and then exce'ing that copy.

Other ideas how we could handle this?

Red Hat