Re: setup

Warren Young writes:
> Isnât the whole point of this discussion that setup.exe already knows
> all the tricks it needs to in order to do what we want here, except
> for the âreplace setup.exe in placeâ issue Iâve brought up separately?

Well, setup.exe today has a lot of probably bitrotted features that
Cygwin never used (even if some of it looks quite interesting and
useful) and there are other things it doesn't do even though it should
probably be doing it.

> Why do you need a self-contained POSIX environment to replace
> setup.exe?

At the moment I'm just thinking whether that might be a more sustainable
way forward.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: