Re: upset, genini: different version ordering

On Oct 19 20:13, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Yaakov Selkowitz writes:
> > Switchable versioning schemes means that code has to be multiplied in
> > both setup and upset, which is just asking for problems.  There needs to
> > be one single versioning scheme, period, and using RPM's makes sense.
>
> You do know that RPM specifically has an emergency exit in the form of
> "serials", do you?

I don't.  Brief description?  What about epoche handling as Yaakov
suggested, does that help?  Jon, as our local upset guru, how tricky
would it be to add epoches to upset?

Or, in other words, how complicated would it be to have the same
RPM version handling in setup and upset both?

Thanks,

Red Hat