Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0

On 2016-05-11 11:36, Eric Blake wrote:
Question: can cygport be enhanced to validate and/or have heuristics for
this?

Possibly, I'd have to consider how exactly.

For example, cygport already has a pass that strips/separates
debuginfo out of binaries compiled by gcc - if any stripping occurs,
then the package is obviously not ARCH=noarch at the moment (down the
road, if we allow noarch by subpackage, that may change slightly, but
you get the idea).

Cross-compiled libraries (e.g. mingw64-*) are noarch and are stripped though.

Of my packages, I think that only bash-completion and cvsutils are the
most likely candidates, although I haven't yet fully checked if they are
indeed arch-independent.

They are, and have been moved to noarch accordingly.

--
Yaakov