Re: [ACTION REQUIRED] ARCH=noarch uploads with cygport 0.22.0

On 2016-05-11 12:56, Marco Atzeri wrote:
On 2016-05-11 00:07, Marco Atzeri wrote:
So at this stage not the documentation subpackages, but only if all
subpackages are in this category. correct ?

At this time we are only considering those where all subpackages are
noarch, i.e. ARCH=noarch is (or will be) defined.

Not so sure if this case fit in your request;
all the language files for tesseract
[snip]
that are in the same tree of tesseract-ocr but
they have independent minimalist setup.hint hand made.

I don't understand, they don't have any external-source: nor a -src
package, so how are they built?

just downloaded the specific language data from

https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata

That sounds like two separate source packages then, although you're welcome to combine them. FWIW Fedora's package builds these together with the program itself:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/tesseract.git/tree/tesseract.spec

copied in a <temp>/usr/share/tessdata and packaged.

Making a source file was a waste of space as it will be a duplication
of the binary.

That's not a factor. All packages must have a source package, so that how the binary package(s) are built can be seen and reproduced.

In theory I could do a noarch tesseract-ocr-language.cygport
that skips build and for install just copies the data from
the git and than packages the whole.
I doubt that cygport accept an empty SRC_URI, but I have not yet tested it

There *is* a SRC_URI: the upstream repo! If you want to do this separately, then something along the lines of:

NAME="tesseract-ocr-langdata"
VERSION=3.04.00
RELEASE=1
CATEGORY="Text"
SUMMARY="training files for tesseract-ocr"
DESCRIPTION="Source training data for Tesseract for lots of languages"
HOMEPAGE=
SRC_URI="https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/langdata/archive/${VERSION}/langdata-${VERSION}.tar.gz";
SRC_DIR="langdata-${VERSION}"

ARCH=noarch

PKG_NAMES="tesseract-training-core"
tesseract_training_core_CONTENTS="usr/share/tessdata/training/*.*"
for l in deu:German eng:English fra:French .....
do
  PKG_NAMES+=" tesseract-training-${l%:*}"
  declare tesseract_training_${l%:*}_SUMMARY="${l#*:} ${SUMMARY}"
  declare tesseract_training_${l%:*}_REQUIRES="tesseract-training-core"
declare tesseract_training_${l%:*}_CONTENTS="usr/share/tessdata/training/${l%:*}/"
done

src_compile() { :; }

src_install() {
        dodir /usr/share/tessdata/training
        cp -pr ${S}/* ${D}/usr/share/tessdata/training/
}

--
Yaakov