Re: Building from source packages

On 13/05/2016 16:33, Jon Turney wrote:

Recently I've done a little prototyping of a system to build from
uploaded source packages in a VM, to verify that they recreate packages
with the same contents as the uploaded packages.

Issues I noted were:

* a handful of packages are oddities

These often contain source and patches, but no build script, so the
configuration used by the maintainer to build the package isn't recorded
(at least in a way accessible to automation)

pkg       ver         arch
---       ---         ----
bzr       2.6+b2-2    x86    contains source for 2.6b2-1 and 2.6+b2-2
exim      4.86-1      both
fetchmail 6.3.21-1    x86
flex      2.5.39-1    both   orphaned
ipc-utils 1.0-1       x86
mined     2015.25-0   x86_64 a note from maintainer pointing to x86 src
nmh       1.6-2       both   uniquely, g-b-s script name doesn't end .sh
popt      1.16-1      both   orphaned
suite3270 3.3.15ga9-1 both   uniquely, multiple g-b-s and one tarfile

flex and popt were probably built with a g-b-s like script by CGF.
I had the same issue when I adopted make.

popt version is last upstream, while
flex had a new release last November after long time

Regards
Marco