Re: [RFC] splitting documentation

moving back to apps.

On 20/05/2016 16:41, Jon Turney wrote:
On 19/05/2016 22:34, Marco Atzeri wrote:
To move the documentation in a noarch package
I split lilypond in two source packages.

http://matzeri.altervista.org/noarch/lilypond-doc/
http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86/lilypond/
http://matzeri.altervista.org/x86_64/lilypond/

The documentation is just a copy of the upstream PDF so :
- the source package is a dummy to avoid data duplication

I can see why you want to do this, but I'm not sure it's a good idea.

One reason being, *IF* we were to ever end up in the situation where
only source packages were uploaded, and some build service constructed
the binary packages, that builder would not be permitted to download
arbitrary files.

I see no advantage for a build robot on this issue,
where we are just packing data.

As alternative there is no source package to be built
and we just put together the binary one.

$ cygcheck -l lilypond-doc
/usr/share/doc/lilypond/pdf/essay.pdf
/usr/share/doc/lilypond/pdf/learning.pdf
/usr/share/doc/lilypond/pdf/music-glossary.pdf
/usr/share/doc/lilypond/pdf/usage.pdf

The packages with no source package are currently

R_autorebase          Marco Atzeri
base-cygwin           Corinna Vinschen
chere                 Dave Kilroy
cygcheck-dep          Mikhail Usenko